Waterkeepers Chesapeake seeks a part-time Communications Intern. We anticipate needing a minimum of 5 hours each week, usually 1 hour each weekday, to maintain our social media presence. Our ideal candidate will have the capacity to work up to 10 hours a week, as needed, for special projects.
Salary: $15/ hour, no benefits
Hours: 5-10 hours per week
Duration: Now through May, 2019 (potential to extend)
Location: This is a work-from-home position (intern must have access to a computer, internet connection, and phone service)
- Create daily social media posts for Waterkeepers Chesapeake as a whole and our Fair Farms and forthcoming Clear Choices Clean Water campaigns specifically.
- Monitor social media accounts of our 18 Waterkeeper members and repost/retweet/share as appropriate.
- Work with WKC staff to create and execute more in-depth communications campaigns, including through social media, our websites, email, and action alert platforms.
- Assist with website content as part of the process of updating our site.
- Update and maintain social media accounts as needed.
- Data entry or migration involved in maintaining current contact lists, etc.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
DOWNLOAD FULL JOB NOTICE for more job details and how to apply.
Waterkeepers Chesapeake is a racial justice and equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and those from communities most impacted by environmental injustice are strongly encouraged to apply.