Waterkeepers Chesapeake (WKC) seeks a part time (20 hours per week) Administrative Assistant to oversee financial processes, legal and administrative responsibilities, manage the office, and support fundraising and program staff. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Executive Director. Waterkeepers Chesapeake has 4 full-time and one part-time staff who primarily work remotely or in the field.
- Process invoices, payments, and deposits.
- Generate financial reports for board of directors and foundation proposals and reports.
- Manage organizational and project budgets and cashflow report.
- Manage audit and tax filings with outside accountants.
Legal and administrative tasks:
- Responsible for annual state charitable registrations.
- Responsible for website domain registrations and other online accounts such as Action Network and Click & Pledge.
- Organize and maintain organizational and personnel documents.
- Administer health insurance and retirement benefits.
- Manage organizational insurance.
- Track grant proposal and report due dates.
- Administer pass through grants to coalition members. Send out reminder emails and collect invoices/reports/receipts.
- Event support and registration management.
- Generate thank you letters for donors.
- Responsible for database management (donor database & Action Network).
- General offices responsibilities such as process mail, order office supplies, and maintain P.O. Box rental and lease.
- Manage the schedule of monthly WKC coalition calls.
- Manage WKC campaign committees and calls.
- Manage schedule of monthly Board calls.
- Organize annual membership meeting in October/November.
- 3+ years experience with administrative and bookkeeping responsibilities.
- Experience working for a nonprofit preferred.
- Competency with QuickBooks, Excel.
- Proficient in uniform certified public accounting principles. CPA certification not required but is a plus.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to details.
- Able to work independently and within a small staff environment.
Waterkeepers Chesapeake is a coalition of nineteen independent Waterkeeper programs working to make the waters of the Chesapeake and Coastal Bays swimmable and fishable. We amplify the voices of each Waterkeeper and mobilize our organizations to fight pollution and champion clean water. For more information, please visit www.waterkeeperschesapeake.org.
The position is located at our shared office space in Takoma Park, MD. Work hours are flexible. Some telecommuting possible. Competitive salary based on experience.
Waterkeepers Chesapeake is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color, women, persons with disabilities, and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in this position to info(at)waterkeeperschesapeake.org.
The position is available immediately. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.